Sunday, January 25, 2009

Make your own.....?

I am reading on other blogs, on how to make your own soaps, like for laundry, dishwasher, etc. Now, I have tried making regular bar soap, with the help of another, and didn't like the effect, or affect so haven't tried to again....but this sounds very interesting since I already make more items then I buy. The problem lies in getting all the ingredients, such as Fels Naphta Soap for instance. This was something my mother used many...many years ago, but I havnt seen it on the shelves in a coons age. My husband bought me a bar, a couple of years back, when I ran into the mischievous plant called poison ivy....someone said that it would help to wash the skin with that particular brand....but I haven't looked for it since. So, after I finish making the Valentines Pillows for my grand children...will post pictures....I will go on a scavenger hunt to find this particular soap. We have many Amish families in the area now....and they have a store near by, that may be my first stop. At the least it will make an interesting trip in this below zero weather we are having and break the monotony of the winter..

No comments:

Post a Comment